Enjoy a whole weekend of celebrations with your loved ones on the stunning Sapphire Coast.
Kianinny is located in Tathra NSW on the picturesque Sapphire Coast of New South Wales. Kianinny is set on 100 acres of natural terrain and with a freshwater lake as its centerpiece we offer a range of onsite ceremony locations, a choice of two reception venues, full catering and accommodation packages for everyone. Alternatively, we work with a range of local suppliers, so if a casual spit roast or food trucks are more your style we are happy to discuss.
Our unique natural environment and the ability to sleep up to 150 guests allows family and friends the opportunity of spending extended time together celebrating the Bride and Groom. Photo opportunities are endless with meandering walkways, rustic bridges, and Tathra beaches and headlands just minutes away. With our team of friendly staff at your service, you can relax knowing that every aspect of your special day will be taken care of.
At the heart of Kianinny lies our lake, surrounded by native bush land, walkways, character bridges, native fauna and grassed areas. With Tathra Beach and its breath taking headlands just minutes away, making photo opportunities almost endless.
Our lakeside pontoon offers a ceremony option with a difference. Guests gather informally on the elevated lakeside deck above and look down onto the pontoon as you take your vows with the lake as a beautiful backdrop fringed by bush that is reflected in the lake.
Surrounded by native Australian bush, guests congregate on a grass oval to witness you taking your vows under the shade of mature gum trees with only the sounds of the birds to break the silence.
Moments away is magnificent rugged coastline and picturesque Tathra Beach, both which offer numerous options for those who prefer a beach ceremony.
At Kianinny you have the choice of two wedding venues, each with its own unique features. Regardless of which venue you choose, exclusivity is guaranteed. Our experienced team are there to assist you in every way to transform your dream setting and ideas into a stunning and memorable dream wedding.
Situated overlooking the lake our Lakeside Venue provides the perfect setting for the smaller, more intimate wedding, where guests can come together in one place. Initially for the ceremony on the pontoon, continuing on to enjoy the view as they dine on the deck. Later mixing, mingling and dancing to the music under the magic of the fairy lights surrounding the venue and reflecting off the lake. The Lakeside Venue is an all weather facility that will accommodate up to 80 guests for seated dining and up to 100 guests for a cocktail style reception.
A more spacious venue with its high ceiling and exposed rafters our Bushland Pavilion provides ample scope for you to decorate and add your own flair. Well suited to the larger wedding it is a semi enclosed area that overlooks a grass oval surrounded by mature bush, creating a beautiful leafy, mystical backdrop. The Bushland Pavilion will accommodate up to 120 guests for seated dining and up to 150 for a cocktail style reception. It also has the facility to provide protection against the elements. We encourage couples not to be limited in their choice of venue or ideas so that they maximise the possibilities, to make their day truly memorable. For instance many choose to serve canapés and champagne on the Lakeside deck, providing guests with a lovely setting to mix and mingle while they are having photos before making their way to the Bushland Pavilion all beautifully set for the reception.
South Coast Wedding Venue
A Beautiful South Coast Wedding Venue That Has It All
Among South Coast wedding venues, our stunning destination will make your dream wedding a reality. With beautiful native bush scenery, guest accommodation, delicious catering options, and fun activities, you can gather your family and friends for a memorable weekend-long celebration.
Located near Tathra beach between Melbourne and Sydney, our cottages provide ample opportunity to personalise your celebration. From selecting your ceremony and reception location to creating gorgeous wedding photos set in the native surrounds near our lake, bushland, and beach, your Sapphire Coast wedding will be a one-of-a-kind experience.
What Sets Us Regarding Wedding Venues on the South Coast of NSW?
We stand apart from other Tathra wedding venues with our one hundred acres of natural terrain. Our unique setting and offerings will calm those pre-wedding nerves so that you can fully enjoy your special occasion.
- Stunning location: Our native green property creates a wonderful back-to-nature experience with all the luxuries of modern living. Nestled amid a rugged coastline, sheltered bays, lagoons, and rivers and surrounded by national parks, you can relax and unwind in our tranquil setting while sharing the experience with family and friends.
- Tailored celebration packages: We know that every couple is different, which is why we tailor our wedding packages to help you celebrate in your own special way. Whether you are looking for small, intimate wedding venues or space to accommodate a larger number of guests, our beautiful destination can meet your requirements for a weekend to remember. Our wedding options cater to a range of budgets, styles, and tastes for a unique and personal experience.
- Entertainment: You can relax and prepare for your ceremony, knowing that your guests are enjoying themselves with our wide range of activities. We have a selection of free activities that are child-friendly as well as group entertainment such as archery, mini-golf, a flying fox, and more. With extensive bushland surrounding our venue, wildlife spotting can provide hours of amusement as your guests search for wallabies, possums, goannas, kookaburras, and parrots.
Related Services We Provide for Intimate Wedding Locations
You can make your dream wedding a reality with our services, which include the following.
- Catering options: Our selection of catering options can help you tailor your wedding atmosphere to your style. You can create a relaxed and casual cocktail-style reception with a charcuterie, cheese-grazing table, and selection of finger food. Alternatively, we can serve guests with your selected sit-down option or a gourmet buffet-style meal.
- Accommodation: We have 23 bush-style cottages that can accommodate your guests for a comfortable and enjoyable weekend. Each double brick construction cottage contains two bedrooms, a bathroom, an open living plan, and a wood-burning fireplace for cooler nights. Our superior cottages feature modern décor and air conditioning. We offer a wedding accommodation package through which guests can stay three nights for the price of two.
- Venue hire: You will have the option of two reception spaces, photo opportunities throughout the property, self-cater, or allowing our chef to take care of you and your guests. We help you to create a unique wedding, including the freedom to decorate tables in your style and plan a ceremony rehearsal.
Tips for an Outdoor Wedding at Our Sapphire Coast Wedding Venue
Consider these tips while organising your outdoor wedding ceremony.
- Shaded areas: This tip is essential if you plan your wedding during the middle of the summer. A shaded area with surrounding tree cover, or using a marquee vendor, will ensure that everyone feels more comfortable during the ceremony. We have several ceremony locations, including our bushland area, where your guests can watch you exchange vows from the cool shade of the gum trees.\
- Catering options: Outdoor weddings give you an opportunity to have different kinds of options when it comes to catering. Food trucks are a fun idea for outdoor weddings and mean you, and your guests will be spoiled for choices.
- Notify your guests of your outdoor wedding: You can help your guests to enjoy your wedding day by making them aware of the location, especially if it is outdoors. Knowing that the ceremony or reception is outdoors can help your guests to plan what they will wear and anything else they might need to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
About Kianinny Bush Cottages
At Kianinny Bush Cottages, we provide the perfect setting for any wedding ceremony. You can give your guests a weekend to remember with a beautiful occasion set in native bush surroundings with lake views and ample accommodation for everyone. With entertaining activities for before and after the special event, your destination wedding will be a memorable one.
We have several ceremony locations, two reception areas, and catering options so that you can personalise your wedding. We commit to sustainable living, which includes incorporating solar panels, using environmentally-friendly cleaning products, and composting to help reduce our carbon footprint. Contact us today for wedding venues with accommodation.